- WCAG 2.0
- WCAG 2.1
- Accessible Rich Internet Applications (WAI-ARIA) 1.2
- WAI-ARIA Authoring Practices 1.2
# Assistive Technologies
- Automated Tools
- Color Tools
- Other Helpful Tools
The World Health Organization estimates that 15% of the world's population has some form of disability, 2-4% of them severely so. That is an estimated 1 billion people worldwide; making people with disabilities the largest minority group in the world.
There are a huge range of disabilities, which can be divided roughly into four categories:
- Visual - These users can benefit from the use of screen readers, screen magnification, controlling screen contrast, or braille display.
- Auditory - These users can benefit from captioning, transcripts or sign language video.
- Motor - These users can benefit from a range of assistive technologies for motor impairments: voice recognition software, eye tracking, single-switch access, head wand, sip and puff switch, oversized trackball mouse, adaptive keyboard or other assistive technologies.
- Cognitive - These users can benefit from supplemental media, structural organization of content, clear and simple writing.
Check out the following links from WebAim to understand from users: